I chose to return to my first love, and crochet the sock odds and ends.
Beginning a Simple Crochet Round (shown left)
chain 5-8 stitches, turn
single crochet into each of the first 4-7 chain stitches and three single crochet in the last stitch
working in the back of the initial chain stitches begin working in the sock pieces...
For you non-crochet people, sorry for all the technical stuff :-)
I rolled the sock pieces to make them neater, and skipped every other stitch (adding a chain stitch between stitches) so that you can see the socks better.
Here's all of the toes and heels of the socks that went into my robe crocheted into this useless mat.
It's pretty though :-P
Here is the back of the same mat (a little earlier in the process actually)
This was a fun experiment, but I'm undoing it in favor of making something actually useful.
2 comments:
Well I liked it...wasn't there any use you could think for it?
Could you use it for a hot pad on the table? or under plant containers? Dust cloth? Doily under a rustic box?
Give it a chance before you undo it. I like it too!
Post a Comment